The following is a list, in no particular order, of possible topics:
- Buddhist ethics–is killing ever okay?
- Thoughts on reading Viktor Frankl
- Silverman-McFarland debate (2017)
- Meaning vs present focus
- A cat’s nature–the purpose of your pet
- Killing mice to cure cancer
- The arbitrariness of meaning. People derive meaning from religion just as much as games; the artificiality of rules; religion as a virtual reality game. Meaning can be totally disconnected from reality.
- Prejudice against altered states of consciousness, especially from the government. Standard assumption is that white, middle-class Euro-American is correct, accepted state of consciousness (i.e. reality). This connects to Descartes’ craving for certainty.
- Suffering as the foremost reality for human experience. Descartes’ cogito. He was right about “I think” but wrong after than.
- Carrot & stick of pleasure & pain